If you’re looking for a good dinner salad recipe, this is it! No more excuses for not eating salads, this only takes 10 minutes to make and is super filling. Give it a try and let me know your thoughts!
Gyro Salad with Tzatziki Dressing
- 6 slices of Trader Joes Gyro Slices (already cooked!)
- 1 cup salad greens of choice
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini’s
- 1 pita pocket, sliced into 8
- Garlic Salt
- 1/4 cup Trader Joes Tzatziki
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Once the oven is heated, place pita on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic salt. Bake for 8 minutes
- Make the salad dressing by blending together tzatziki, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, water, canola oil, and oregano.
- Microwave the gyro slices for 45 seconds and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the chopped romaine, salad greens, tomato, cucumber, feta, onion, olives, pepperoncini’s, and gyro meat with the salad dressing.
- Top with pita wedges and season with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!