This recipe takes about 15-20 minutes to make and is restaurant worthy! Plus, most of the ingredients will already be in your pantry. Check out the recipe and let me know what you think!
- Half of Trader Joe’s pre-cooked pork belly
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 one-inch piece of ginger peeled and minced
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce (found in the Asian aisle of the grocery store)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- In a saucepan bring the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, honey, and red chili paste to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, turn down the heat to a simmer and cover until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, score the fat on the pork belly by cutting diagonal lines across the pork in both directions.
- Season the fat side of the pork belly with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat until golden on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and let rest for 2 minutes on a cutting board
- Slice into ½ inch pieces.
- Once the sauce has thickened, pour over the pork belly.
- Suggest serving over rice with vegetables and top with cilantro.
One thought on “Quick Sweet & Spicy Pork Belly”