I stole this recipe from Bobby Flay and will never make a normal pancake again! First of all, I’m not a huge pancake lover but these completely changed the game for me. These pancakes will impress any guest and are perfect for holiday breakfast and brunches or any occasion for that matter. The only thing I did differently from Bobby was add a little maple syrup to the lemon curd to make it a thinner consistency. You have to try these! See the recipe below
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Butter, for griddle
- 1 (11–ounce) jar prepared lemon curd (near the jelly and jam in the grocery store)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Fresh raspberries, for garnish
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat a nonstick griddle or pan
- Combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Whisk together the cheese, eggs, milk, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl.
- Whisk the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Brush the hot griddle with butter. For each pancake, pour approximately 1/4 cup measure of the batter on the griddle and cook on both sides until light golden brown. Repeat until no batter remains.
- Empty the contents of the lemon curd into a small saucepan and warm over low heat. Alternatively, remove the lid and place in a microwave oven on 50 percent power for 2 minutes, stopping after 1 minute to stir the curd.
- Mix in the maple syrup and stir
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of the curd over the pancakes, top with fresh raspberries, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.