This recipe is absolutely delicious and is amazing served on a bed of rice with vegetables. White miso is hard to come across at a regular grocery store so your best bet is to try an Asian market near you!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon softened, unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons white miso (can be found at an Asian market)
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 inch piece ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 scallion, finely sliced, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix butter, miso, maple syrup, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a bowl until well combined.
- Massage the mixture over the chicken until the breasts are completed coated
- Place the chicken in a cast iron skillet and roast for 30-40 minutes basting and flipping halfway through.
- If the chicken is cooked before it is browned enough, broil it for one or two minutes
- Spoon the leftover juice over the chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions.