This recipe is delicious and definitely brings the heat! It’s quick to prepare and the ingredients are fairly cheap.
I served this dish on a bed of minute rice and sauteed some zucchini but it will pair well with any grain or vegetable!
Click on the image or “continue reading” to see the recipe!
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 lime
- 3 cloves of garlic – minced
- ½ small red onion – diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan
- Saute garlic and diced red onion until the onion is soft
- Add the chicken broth and the cream cheese
- Stir until the cream cheese is completely melted
- Add the juice of one lime, 2 tbsp of adobo sauce, and 1 chipotle pepper finely minced
- Stir until well combined
- Coat an oven safe dish with nonstick spray and place the chicken breasts in the center
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper then pour sauce over chicken
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken reaches 165 degrees
- Feel free to sprinkle some chopped cilantro on top and serve on a bed of rice with veggies.
One thought on “Creamy Chipotle Chicken”
I am definitely not the worlds best cook but I followed this recipe and it turned out amazing! I didn’t think I’d be able to find chipotle peppers in adobo sauce at my local grocery store because I’ve never even heard of it but I did! This is now a house favorite and I’ll be keeping this recipe for future meals. I love how easy Carly’s meals are to follow and can be done without needing a bunch of things your average person wouldn’t have in their kitchen.