This is a great appetizer and you can use pretty much use any kind of sushi-grade fish you want! If you want to make sure it’s good fish, I would recommend going to a fish market or a Japanese market! Continue reading to get the recipe
- 1 to 1.5 pounds of fish of your choice (I used fresh yellowtail) – instructions for shrimp are below
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 5 limes
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 ripe mango – cubed into ½ inch squares
- ¾ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¾ cup chopped red onion
- 1 medium sized vine ripe tomato
- 1 serrano pepper – deseeded & finely diced (can substitute with a jalapeno)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If using fish, chop into cubes and marinate the raw fish in the juice of 4 limes (leave one lime for final step) for at least 4 hours (you can marinate for as long as 24 hours). Make sure it is tightly sealed with plastic wrap.
- If using shrimp, peel and devein and steam until pink. Once they are pink, put them in an ice bath until cool. Then cut the shrimp into cubes and marinate in the juice of 4 limes for 30 minutes MAX or they will overcook.
- Once the fish or shrimp is done marinating, mix in all other ingredients.
- Serve with tortilla chips