This is one of my go to breakfasts because it is easy and healthy! The rosemary sweet potato hash browns can be paired with pretty much any breakfast/egg dish and they’ll definitely impress your guests, so give it a try! Click the image or “continue reading” to see the recipe.
- ½ cup shredded sweet potato (I used my mandolin for this)
- 2 eggs
- 4 chopped mushrooms (I prefer crimini)
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp oil
- ½ oz cream cheese
- 1 sprig of rosemary – finely chopped
- Pinch of red pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp feta (optional)
- Parsley or cilantro to garnish (optional)
Sweet Potato Hash Browns
- Heat up the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat
- Once the butter is bubbling but not burning, sprinkle the sweet potatoes in the pan and flatten with spatula
- After about 3-5 minutes flip the potatoes and let them cook another 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with rosemary
- While the sweet potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a separate pan on medium-high heat on the stove
- Once the oil is hot, add mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add in the diced red onions and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Turn the heat down to low-medium and add in the cream cheese
- Once the cream cheese is softened, crack both eggs directly into the pan and begin to stir with a rubber spatula
- Continue to stir the egg mixture until the cream cheese is completely melted and well combined.
- Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to the eggs
- Continue stirring eggs in a figure 8 motion until they are cooked to your liking
- Transfer the eggs to a plate and top with feta and parsley or cilantro (optional)