This monster of a burger is stuffed with jalapenos and cheddar and is then topped with caramelized onions, vine ripe tomatoes, avocado, romaine lettuce, and pepper jack…double cheese, I know. All of this deliciousness is sandwiched between a brioche bun covered in spicy brown mustard and a homemade chipotle mayo. Click the image or “continue reading” to see the recipe!
Jalapeno Cheddar Burger Recipe
For the Cheddar Jalapeno Burgers
- 1 and 1/3 pounds of ground beef of choice
- 4 brioche buns
- Pinch of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- 4 rounds of red onion
- 4 slices of pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 16-20 pickled jalapeno slices
- Romaine lettuce
- 4 slices of vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 avocados
- Spicy brown mustard (about 1 teaspoon per burger)
- 1 teaspoon of butter
For the Chipotle Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce*
- 1-2 diced chipotle peppers
* You can find cans of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in the Ethnic aisle at your grocery store
- Mix together mayonnaise, adobo sauce, and diced chipotle peppers until well combined
Cheddar Jalapeno Burger
- Combine cheddar cheese, jalapenos, and ground beef until well mixed.
- Divide the beef mixture into 4 1/3 pound patties and season them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder on both sides.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat and grill for 4-7 minutes on each side until your desired doneness. During the last minute of cooking add a slice of pepper jack cheese and place brioche buns on grill to crisp them up.
- While burger is cooking heat a pan with butter over medium-high heat and add the red onion rounds until they are caramelized (about 5 minutes).
- After the buns are to your desired crispness, add spicy brown mustard to one side of the bun and the chipotle mayonnaise to the other side.
- Add the patty to the bun and top with caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, and avocado.